Saturday 15 September 2007

To hell with Krishna Sweets.





I have always been amazed with NSK. He was a genius. Even in the days of black and white cinema he had been thinking of the unthinkable. His comedy was intellectually much better than any others in the time. Chandrababu was great and almost as good as NSK but only nearly.

NSK had once predicted a machine that will deliver hot Idlies on pressing a button, welcome to the instant world. Fast cars, fast foods, fast everything. The pace has increased and lots of things are available off the shelf.

What disturbed me is that KrishnaJayanthi and Ganesh Chaturthi festive packets are being sold. Not that it has made us lazy but actually life a little more convenient. I am somehow not convinced. Once a year is when we get to eat Kozhukattai, Suyom, Adhirasam and all the other delicacies. First time in 24 years I am missing these............So to hell with Krishna, Grand, Adyar Ananda Bhavan and all other sweet stores that have launched a campaign to rob me of my once a year treat.






No comments: