Wednesday 8 December 2010

Fate; Ate fat tea!

For all those of you who believe in fate, and for all those of you that believe in a written destiny, A very good Evening!
The whole idea is nauseous. I fail to give into fate because I do not believe that I am not in control of my life. I am directly responsible for most of what happens to me. Fate and destiny is not an excuse for all sour grapes that I cannot reach. If there is a written destiny for even simple things like me going out a door, climbing down a flight of stairs, starting a motorcycle and reaching home, then imagine the time and energy that would have gone into writing this down somewhere. The unbelievable size that volume will run into and multiply that with all the human lives on earth, then the insects, plants, animals, microbes.....I do not believe that such a huge all containing volume ever exists.
What I believe in, has a fairly simple outline. I make this list of what I need and over that what I want. The balancing list of my strengths and areas of opportunities, the broad outline of the plan, a fixed timeline, the unrelenting effort, focus and commitment while giving the best shot. If all does not end as well as what one imagined, fate and destiny is not the escape I want to take. I will rather get back to the drawing board and start with a fresh list.
At times, we just have this big plan for the next great step and we do not think beyond it. What if we get there faster then what we expect. What next then? It is more important to at least think a few steps ahead. To know what to want next after getting to the immediate next.
This is how Vishwanathan Anand plays chess, he is sure to think at least eight moves ahead. When one does that any strange coincidence will not be required in the form of fate and destiny.
The bell will never ring and we all will keep going on..

No comments: